Last night's chat with Joe Mantegna was a hoot. He is such an awesome and genuine guy, and it was fun to see a little more personal side of him on the criminalmindsfanaticblog. To start off the evening, I met with our newest addition to the IKY'dU staff--Miss Bratt. Or, as we like to call her, Mel. You will get to officially meet her on Friday when we let her man the station.
We met a few minutes before the start of the chat and I was able to welcome her into our community with popcorn, Dr. Pepper and a front-row seat to the show. The mods at the blog insist we don't keep a transcript of the chat, so we, Mel and I, picked out our top five Q&A's to share. And here they are:
We met a few minutes before the start of the chat and I was able to welcome her into our community with popcorn, Dr. Pepper and a front-row seat to the show. The mods at the blog insist we don't keep a transcript of the chat, so we, Mel and I, picked out our top five Q&A's to share. And here they are: 1. Joe was asked what it was like to work under MGG when he directed Mosley Lane.
Joe said that "Matthew was as wonderful a director as he is a human being."
Ali said, "well, DUUH!!"
Mel said, "Shh!"
2. A fellow JM fan asked Joe about his daughter, Mia, who is high functioning autistic. He wanted to know what Joe considers the two greatest strengths of a child with autism.
His answer (grab your tissue): "Their greatest strength...is that they are pure of heart. My daughter doesn't have an evil selfish envious or mean bone in her body."
Ali said, "Aww!"
Mel said, "Shut up!!"
3. I got a personal kick out of this one. Someone asked if they had to have special training to handle the weapons on the show.
JM just said he is the shooting kind of guy and mentioned his trek to the Ojai Celebrity Shoot-out he attended with Gia and Matthew.
Ali said, "Like they're gonna shoot real guns on the set. You're an idiot."
Mel said, "Shh! Go take your meds."
4. Another fan made mention of his recent activity on twitter and Facebook, and whether he like the added mediums to reach his fans.
Joe basically told us it was "still all new" to him, but his assistant was a huge help in that dept. But the best part was at the end when he added the winking smilie!
Ali said, "OMGubler!"
Mel just shook her head.
5. The final one of the night CRACKED. ME. UP!!! Joe was asked how he fell into the part of Fat Tony. He thought it would be only one episode after the producers saw his performance on Godfather 3, but after 18 years...
Need I say more?
Need I say more?Ali said, "DUUDE! It's Fat Tony!"
Mel said, "Crap. I can't take you anywhere."
So, yes, followers, we had fun. Join us in two weeks when Ed Bernero joins the chat room at criminalmindsfanaticblog. See you there, lovers!
Mercy Buckets for posting this! The *sole* reason I'm on Twitter is because of JM, because if Fat Tony can Twitter... well... yeah.
ReplyDelete