Friday, May 21, 2010

WELCOME EMZ!!

Hey Lovers!
Mel and I are thrilled  to introduce you to our newest staff member, protege, Live Journal stalker and Twitter guru from across the pond, Emzbuckley.  (Cue applause) 
 Hey Emz!!
Mel: Hi Emz—It’s nice to finally meet you!
Emz: Hello!!

How does it feel to be part of the wonderment that is the I Knew You’d Understand Community and IKY’dU blog?
It feels Great!! I always think it is nice to have a place where you can discuss things with other fans of the same mind and keep up-to-date with the latest news and stories. To be one of the people who is actually apart of keeping you all up to date with new stuff is just amazing. I am really happy to have a chance to do this. I love H/R, but I know from experience that it is hard finding people who think the same way, especially with slash ships.  So to have a place where you can talk to other fans, read stories, share pics and vids—it’s a great feeling. I am so happy that I found this community. I always check in to see if there is anything new, and now. If I do find it, I'll let you all know, my fury friends. I am no Garcia, but I’m willing to give it a go, LOL!

What fandoms do you follow, my love?
I follow, of course, Criminal Minds.  That's a given, but I am also a Doctor Who, Torchwood and House fandom follower. I'm a Harry Potter fan, as well.




Are you a reader or a writer?
Reader. Believe me I have tried to write, but my imagination is too big, and I can never get it to sound how I want it. I am a perfectionist which doesn't help it either. I do have some great ideas which I am willing to share with people. I do tend to read a LOT of slash fic; I don't have that many het couples I like. LOL!

What’s your favorite music?
Ooh, good question. I have a very broad taste in music thanks to my mother whose taste in music is HUGE! I like Indie, Rock, pop, R'n'B, Hip Hop, Rap.  I like a good mixture depending on my mood. And, I don't just like new stuff, I like old stuff as well. But the band which I love the most is Queen. 



Last movie you saw?
Oooh, erm.... Alice In Wonderland. It was really fantastic, if a little expensive, and nothing like the Disney one I grew up with. It was really true to the book. Tim Burton is really good at the twisted stuff.

What’s one of your favorite fanfiction stories?
I really love the Let Me In Series by AhmoseInarus; it is so good. Really romantic and just a great Reid, even if she does put the boys through a lot of things. Keeps you on the edge of your seat but is sweet, fluffy, hot, sexy and romantic, as well. Really worth checking out if you have the time. (Ali: Yes! She writes an awesome H/R fic.)

Any last words you want to leave with our readers?
I just want to say a big Hello to you all. HELLO!!!! I hope to keep you all up-to-date with all the new stories, news from the blog and anything else I find H/R related so you are always in the know. I am so excited to be doing this! And really thankful to be able to, so thanks Ali. I really love the complex relationship that Hotch and Reid have, so anything I can do to help us fans out, I am more than happy to do. Even if it is just squeeing over a small scene they shared, lol! 

Well, Mel and I want to welcome you and let you know that we are excited to have you here, as well!! We hope you can relax, meet some awesome people and have a little fun while you’re here.  If anyone has updates or juicy information for Emz to pimp for you, be sure to tweet her at the IKY’dU twitter account. 

Have I told you lately how much I love these guys?
Smooches, Lovers
Ali


1 comment:

  1. Aww, it looks great! Thanks for the welcome Mel & Ali. I love that pic of TG & MGG. I hope to meet a lot of new people and have a good chat with you all. Anything people want to share, just let me know!

    Hi People!

    ReplyDelete