Leaving
"You don't have to do this, you know."
"I know." He continued folding the freshly-laundered shirts and placing them into the open boxes. "But it's the right thing to do."
"For who? You? Me? The fucking BAU?" His aging hands sliced through the air as a last ditch effort at proving his point, at keeping his lover. "Please, don't do this."
A sigh escaped. "I have to."
"No, you don't. I'll quit and you can stay." A tremble developed in his voice. Spencer turned just as the tears began to display the pain in Aaron's heart. Thumbing them away, the younger partner's whisper mirrored the elder's.
"I'm younger and have more opportunities. You know I love you, but..."
"Please," Aaron squeaked out. "Please don't do this. I'm begging you."
Reunion
"Oh, Jeez, Aaron. That feels good, but you might want to wait till we get at least to the parking garage." Spencer laughed against Aaron's ear as they stood in the airport, his lover groping his body as Spencer welcomed him home.
"Fuck it, I'm just making sure you're real." Although they both chuckled, Spencer knew there were underlying tones of truth to Aaron's statement. "God, I missed you so much." Two rough hands came to rest on Professor Reid's jawline. "So damn much, Spencer."
"You know, Aaron, here in California we drive fast, love hard, and talk dirty. You want to check out the apartment?" Aaron's eyes went wide.
"I'm gonna love it here."

My God! Those were excellent. The first one was heatbreaking. And the second one... just to imagine Reid in California driving fast, loving hard and talking dirty... Just, I'm speechless...
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful! A perfect blend of heartache and a happy ending… *sigh*
ReplyDeleteLovely. The breakup stories always get to me. Let's keep them together, shall we? <3
ReplyDelete