Thursday, June 10, 2010

WELCOME BOW!!

The staff would like to introduce you to our newest support staff member: Bowie28.  Bow has joined us as our FanFiction Coordinator.  She is a brilliant writer and awesome girl.  Please welcome her!!


Ali: Heya, Bow!!
Mel: Hi, Bow.
Kuria: Hidyho, Bow!!
Emz & Ash: YYAAYY BOW!!  

How does it feel to be part of the wonderment that is the I Knew You’d Understand Community and IKY’dU blog?
A little confused, lol. I've never been a joiner, at least not openly, until now.  (Ali: She's come out of the closet, y'all!!)

 I guess that's H/R Effect for you. I'm still not sure how I fit in this wonderment but I'll sure try to help out as much as I could. I didn't think my little H/R archive at delicious would become of use to anyone but me and my H/R obsession. And I know the archive is far from perfect, with my wonky tags and all, but I'll try to keep things as organized as possible for my H/R fellows.
What fandoms do you follow, my love?
Currently I'm pretty exclusive to CM and H/R, but I used to ship J2 (Supernatural lead actors) pretty hard. I do ship het couples from time to time until one of them got killed, lol. For example: Guy/Marian (BBC Robin Hood) and Dean/Jo (SPN). There's one fandom that would never expire for me, and that is Band of Brothers, specifically Winters/Nixon. All those pent-up boys in uniforms. Need I say more? 
Are you a reader or a writer? 
Both. Depends on my current muse. I don't force myself to write, and when I do I tend to go out of the box. It's fun to explore unexplored things.
What’s your favorite music? 
Normal, happy self : quiet, singer/songwriter stuff (Jason Mraz, Damien Rice, Pete Yorn)
Nostalgic self: boy-band stuff from the 90s (Boyzone, Take That, Westlife, Backstreet Boys)
Angsty self: Evanescence, Sarah McLachlan
Silly self: Taylor Swift, Savage Garden
Last movie you saw?
Shutter Island. Leo was scarily good. 
What’s one of your favorite fanfiction stories?
H/R? Just one? That's cruel.

Okay, there's one that stands out for me, and that's For the Body Buried By the Interstate by greatunironic. Even if it's not openly H/R, the emotions are all there, more intense than most H/R fics even I think. I always love stories (books or movies) that leave something for the imagination, and this story does just that, perfectly. I have no words to express how I adore (worship) this story. I rec it to anyone who look for must-read CM or H/R fics.


Any last words you want to leave with our readers?
Keep writing. I'm a fic whore. I would be nothing, NOTHING, if you guys stop writing.

~Bow~

No comments:

Post a Comment