1: Pretty
Hotch thinks Spencer is pretty.
Not that he’d ever admit that. Not to Spencer, and in a way not to himself, but he does. It doesn’t matter what haircut he’s sporting, or what age inappropriate outfit he strolls into the bullpen wearing. The dark circles under his eyes? They are beautiful. They reflect a man so passionate and so driven that he sacrifices his own well being. It’s bad, he knows, because he does it too. But on Spencer it’s beautiful.
And when Spencer looks him in the eye, he’s almost shocked into silence. He’s so pretty it isn’t fair.
2:Not
“Don’t do that.”
“Do what?”
“You know, that.”
“Does it really bother you?”
“Yes.”
“Why?”
“Because you could be doing it another way, this is just...what’s the word? Putzy.”
“Surely you can come up with a better adjective.”
“No, I can’t and I won’t. I’m busy.”
“Busy doing it wrong.”
“You wanna try? Fine.”
“No, you should be able to do this yourself.”
“Apparently I can’t, according to the Great...”
“I hate when you call me that.”
“I hate when you act like backseat driver.”
“I love when you get upset, because you pout.”
“I do not.”
“Do too.”
“Not.”
3:See Them
I try not to think about it, but I can’t help myself. I just want to see his scars. This morbid curiosity of mine makes no logical sense, or emotional sense. He’s my superior and he’s been through a very private ordeal. It’s not my place to ask to see his body. Especially a part of his body that he may quite rightly have issues with. Still, I find myself coming up with different ways to see them. I could have seen them in Alaska, if we roomed together, but it didn’t happen. So I’ll just keep thinking about them.

No comments:
Post a Comment