BIRTHDAY JERK by CMAli
Spencer stared out the window watching the rain pound the glass. The fight was stupid, but still…
“I’m sorry.” Aaron’s voice pierced the silence that was filling the small room Spencer called his in the large house Aaron purchased shortly after Haley’s death. The Unit Chief had protested, saying that it was simply too far from the Master, but Spencer told Aaron that it was perfect. What he didn’t admit to was the fact that that reason was exactly why he had chosen it. For space when they needed it as they did now.
“Okay.” Spencer continued his study of the droplets that ran down the double-paned glass, watching the patterns of runoff. Sometimes it was too hard to pretend. This was going to be one of those times, so he thought it best to leave the responses to one word answers.
Several minutes passed before Aaron approached him and wrapped him in strong warmth. “Forgive me for what I said and how I said it. I want whatever you have for me. I don’t really want to forget my birthday this year. It’s my first with you. It really is special. I just…” A crack alerted Spencer to the emotional struggle behind Aaron’s words.
Spencer finally let his weight fall back against Aaron’s. “I said it’s okay. I still love you, you jerk.” He reached his two lanky arms back and locked long fingers behind his lover’s lower back. Aaron placed a light kiss on Spencer’s ear as he smiled at the insult. “I love you, too.”
“Happy Birthday, Aaron.”
“Thank you, Spencer.”

I love this. I absolutely, ridiculously, one hundred percent love this. You’re a genius. =)
ReplyDeleteYou are the sweetest thing ever. jsyk. ~Ali.
ReplyDelete