We at IKYdU were crushed as we watched the real emotions roll off the cast members who had to say goodbye to AJ Cook "JJ" last night. What was YOUR reaction? We want to know. Please leave your rant, words of grief, comments, etc. in the comments section below. I'm in mourning after witnessing TG's and MGG's reactions. Enough said.

I'm really truly hoping this season doesn't keep playing like this... I think as sad as it is that this was JJ's TITLE and EXIT episode that it was written horribly and had very little actual plot (beside the whole debacle of being a Natalie Halloway rip-off) and that they didn't even give her decent material to work with. Jaje did an amazing job with it though, just a horrible script and that's the second time in a row (last week felt OOC to me for Morgan, and where the heck is Reid's lines... WHERE? Can we please find them?)
ReplyDeleteJJ will be missed, but it left a bad taste in the mouth for this to be her walk-off episode-- especially to some BS promotion... yeah "parallel" life my arse... where does promotion parallel being laid off?
Didn't like the episode, fans could've written her off better... but would be smart enough NOT to have.
devastated,frustated,flabbergested
ReplyDeletewhat more can i say
jj is the touchstone of the team, the motherly figure that hotch respect and admire, the sisterly figure that reid never had and he adores so much-jj being dishonourable discharged from an episode carelessly and rushingly written just so that the cbs office dont get bombed.
nobody can replaced her, ever!
I thought the episode was great. I like that they paralleled the RL situation. It was kind of like the writers and EB giving CBS the finger. However, I bawled like a damn baby when Hotch teared up and from then on I was a mess. My hubs just shook his head. Today, I'm in mourning.
ReplyDeleteI just don't see that interpretation. I only can see it as a middle finger to US that they "promoted" her to unemployed... well, at least AJ's in other film roles, no thanks to CBS of course. >.< Honestly, given that title, I wouldn't have made it like that at all... even working with that synopsis. *Shrugs* But at least she didn't get a tragic "I'm a burn-out" exit that Gideon and Elle had. I'd pretend it was growth but the writing as of late has been sloppy, OOC and ridiculously bad.
ReplyDeleteI mean, Reid's a super genius but they can't figure out to make it intelligible so they stick him with the same line... TWICE... I don't see it as him being shocked, I just see it as them being in vacation mode still... I swear he needs more lines and immediately... I'm not putting up with this for more than 3 more episodes and then I'll just wait out the season with reruns, dang it!
is there any fanfic that deal with jj departure better?
ReplyDeleteespecially reid confronting hotch about it, needing comfort?oh God, i really need it after watching the episode
I liked Reid's line. He *is* a genius but was so rattled by what was happening, it was all he could come up with. And important people in his life are always leaving - dad, mom (mentally gone at least part of the time), Gideon... His line was childlike, and I can imagine him being yanked back to the day his dad left. Although we didn't see much of it in season 5, canonically he and JJ are close. It makes sense that he would be that shaken.
ReplyDeleteI don't think anyone could really be happy with this episode given the nature of AJ's forced departure. I agree the writing has been somewhat shaky of late, but I appreciated the profiling, interview scenes, and team interaction - it was reminiscent of classic CM.
And I appreciated how the ep conveyed the cast and crew's dismay. Hopefully it was cathartic for all involved, and they can focus on the rest of the season. At least until Prentiss leaves.
Bow tells me there is no fanfic written on the JJ leaving as of yet. However, give it a few days and I'm sure once people get their emotions in check, there will be plenty :)
ReplyDelete