Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So... what did you think to painless?

So my furry friends... what did you think to ep 7.04, "Painless"?

Did you like it? Did you not like it?

Any fave moments you want to share with us? Let me know!!

By the way, you can thank TG for the pic, it came up on his tumblr earlier this evening... Thanks Thomas!!

11 comments:

  1. This was an amazing episode. I mean, on the one hand, the whole thing with the unsub was brilliant.

    And then Reid... Seriously. Nothing is more amusing than the sounds of Reid screaming. Like, that's a ridiculous noise I would kill you have on my phone. Also really loved Hotch stopping what seemed like the start of a very amusing Reid bitch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't like that episode.
    Hotch doesn't say anything when Morgan publicly pretends to be Reid and gives Reid's phone number on camera ??? Seriously Hotch should have teared Morgan a new one for that.

    Even if I wasn't a Hotch/Reid shipper I would be bothered by that scene. Hotch hates seeing his agents publicly lying and possibly putting the FBI in a bad light...Jordan Tod anyone ???
    What Morgan did was so much worst than Jordan's lie and Hotch lets it slide...

    As the BAU team leader Hotch should have been beyond mad with Morgan's behavior here. And let's not forget it disrupted Reid's works on the case.

    Usually I don't have a single problem with Morgan, but tonight...

    Of course, the writers had to put a Hotch/Prentiss scene in there...
    I was hoping for a connection between Hotch and Reid over Jack being bullied but Prentiss is the one who has to ask about Jack.

    Granted, it might calm down the Hotch/Prentiss shippers and the scene looked awkward in my opinion.

    Continuity fail : Reid attended Caltech, not MIT.

    On a side note : I would love a Hotch/ Reid fic where a psycho tries to get to Reid by using his phone number publicly given by Morgan. At least we could see Hotch get mad on Reid's behalf and Morgan would get what he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this episode is why I hate Morgan. Seriously, something like can't just be ignored. I have to give props to Reid at the end, that was hilarious. Kudos to MGG for all the screaming. X3

    I love the Hotch and Jack scenes we got. They were sweet. And JJ... The JJ I know and love, especially the Cheetos bit. That was adorable.

    Prentiss is boring as usual. I don't get how she could just have a feeling that Jack was being bullied. Seriously WTF was up with that? As if we the Hotely shippers needed another reason to go around screaming Hotch and Prentiss are perfect for each other.

    I swear, I don't care how much I love this: I will stop watching if they make Hotch/Prentiss canon. It will completely ruin the whole dynamic of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Chiazu :

    chances are I'll stop watching the show if they make it Hotch/Prentiss too.
    I guess the writers caved in and put a scene in there to appease the Hotch/Prentiss shippers...Hope it's the last of it.

    You know, I really miss the time where the team was allowed to be concerned about Reid (at times) . I would have loved to see Hotch getting angry on Reid's behalf...but no.

    Like I said elsewhere, it seems the writers are trying to make a point about the team never needing to be concerned about Reid no matter what.

    And, the thing is, we know Reid can take care of himself and defend himself, we know that. But I miss seeing Hotch being concerned about Reid, I miss that so much it hurts.

    That's why I would love to see a fic where Reid is being personally harassed by someone (psycho/a "not normal" fan/anything) who got his phone number that way (when Morgan gave it publicly).
    Reid could deal with it, but we could see hotch getting angry on Reid's behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Fred:

    I'm hope it is too. I'm getting sick of all this Hotch/Prentiss bullshit that happens on Tumblr and Twitter because the shippers don't get that not everyone likes that pairing.

    I miss Hotch concerned for Reid too. Yeah, he's all grown up and able to take care of himself now, but that doesn't mean he still doesn't need to be looked out for.

    Oh, I want a fic like that too. I might write one now, but I don't know. Best to leave it to someone better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I'm not the only one disliking that episode. I agree with everything mentioned in the previous comments by Fred and Chiazu and I also thought the trigger for the unsub was pretty lame. The only things that I loved were the Hotch/Jack scene and bitchy!Reid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just out of curiosity to anyone who wishes to respond:

    Does anyone feel like Reid is out of character and has drastically changed from the previous seasons, or do you feel that it's more of a natural progression from the trauma's of season six on his personality?

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm afraid I have bad news for us, Hotch/Reid shippers.

    I just went to the chat done by Breen Frazier, and he's huge Hotch/Prentiss lover.
    He just said that for him, Hotch and Prentiss understand each other like no two other team members could. They have a big connection because they went through massive trauma (he completely forgot Reid went through massive trauma too, or he doesn't think it was massive enough for him to be able to understand Hotch...). Hotch is the one who can help out Prentiss in his mind. I still pointed out to him that Reid went through massive trauma too, he never acknowledged my comment...

    His next episode, episdoe 12, will portray a LOT of Hotch/Prentiss connections with Hotch helping out Prentiss deal with her ordeal with Ian Doyle.

    I'm simply crushed guys, I'm really crushed.

    I also asked him about any future Hotch/Reid interaction, more than once, but he never answered my question.
    All the Hotch/Prentiss questions were answered though...(like will they get married). Like he said he loves Hotch/Prentiss.

    He doesn't seem to be a shipper, he thinks the non shipping rule helped the show survive. But for him Hotch and Prentiss understand each other like no other team member and they have a big connection. He loves writing about them.

    And just to complete the picture, he also loves Morgan/Reid...

    Dark time is ahead of us my friends, very dark time. We need to be prepared for the Hotly avalanche that is going to come.

    On a "maybe" positive note, someone asked about homosexual relationships.
    He's not ruling out the idea but he thinks it needs to be introduced properly (to avoid a "WTF" reaction) and they never had the opportunity to do so.
    He joked about season ten with the plane crashing and Morgan saying 'I love you' to Reid.

    The positive side is, if he thinks, even while joking, that Reid might share Morgan feelings, that means he might not be opposed to the idea of a homosexual Reid ... that would already be something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...
    ....
    .....
    ......
    .......
    ........
    .........
    ..........
    I hate when writers do that. As is Hotely and Morgan/Reid shippers don't force their ships down our throats enough as it is. Do not need the writers doing it to. This is how shows get ruined people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Chiazu,

    Yes, just what we needed right ?

    I'm trying to remain objective here and I have to remind myself that this is jut one writer's take.
    It doesn't make it official in any way.
    (for Erica Messer it's Hotch and JJ that have a special connection, for other writers it's Hotch and Rossi, ...).
    But episode 12 will sure be painful for us.

    The thing is, I could deal with the lack of Hotch/Reid as long as Hotch didn't get closer to another team member (especially Prentiss...) while not interacting with Reid.
    It made things bearable (sort of...).
    The exception is Rossi, I can understand why Hotch is, not closer, but more at ease with Rossi. I still missed the Hotch/Reid interactions so much it hurt, but I could deal with it.

    And, on a side note, I happen to enjoy the Rossi/Reid interactions, even if that, too, is lacking nowadays.

    I could also deal with some Hotch/Prentiss interactions if the writers let Hotch interact more with Reid too. You know it would be like a case of "equal opportunities". If we saw Hotch interacting more with his whole team, then his interaction with Prentiss wouldn't be seen as 'special'.

    But if the writers only let Hotch interact with Prentiss then I'll be pissed.
    Granted, I don't think it'll happen. It'll probably be a one episode thing.
    Well, maybe two episodes because I think Breen Frazier has to write two more episodes for the seasons (episode 12 included).

    Then there's also the fact that if Reid needs to talk they'll have Morgan for that.
    I wish the writers would let Hotch be there for Reid and vice versa...

    Anyway, here's the link to the chat's transcript, there are interesting things there (despite the whole Hotch/Prentiss thing) :

    http://cmsetreport.blogspot.com/2011/10/cmsetreport-chat-transcript-for-breen.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Another CM Fan

    Re Ep #704 “Painless” I thought this episode was poorly written. Many of the BAU team members seemed to be acting out of character plus the overall plot was weak.

    Morgan was really obnoxious and un-professional – lying to reporters and giving the public Reid’s cell phone number! Hotch or Rossi should have reprimanded Morgan for that! This episode also had several backstory mistakes – Reid attended Caltech, not MIT. In high school, Reid was a geeky little 12-year-old genius who was ostracized and bullied – he did not coach basketball. Reid knowing more about sports betting than Morgan? Possible, but very unlikely – Reid knew so little about sports that he didn’t even know the Washington Redskins were a football team.

    Also, JJ had already graduated college 10 years ago, so why would she say that a high school shooting in Boise Idaho was a “defining moment on her campus” – this makes no sense. Rossi saying he was present when the school shooting happened makes no sense – ten years ago Rossi had already retired from the BAU and written at least two books.

    Other problems with this episode—the Prentiss and Hotch conversation seemed forced and fake. Is Prentiss suddenly psychic so that she knows when Jack has a problem? Also, Hotch finds out his kid is being bullied and he doesn’t take any concrete steps to stop it? Don’t you think Hotch would at least talk to the bully’s parents?

    Finally, the motivation of the various unsubs was weak and unbelievable. If someone was an unstable, violent criminal would he really wait 10 years before killing anyone?
    Overall, this episode was a disappointment.

    I really hope the rest of Season 7 will be better. Re Other Posters Comments -- I hope they don’t turn CM into a het shipper show -- that would be awful. I really want more H & R interaction – even if it’s only gen stuff.

    ReplyDelete