Its wednesday and we all know what that means, yes, its another brand new ep of CM!! Something to take our minds off our RL drama, which at times is such a good thing! LOL!
So, how did we like this ep? Any good H/R scenes?
Let us know!!
I would also like to wish our main lady Ali a massive get well soon!! She has been knocked down by starters flu, she works at a college, and is really suffering right now so loads of hugs, cuddles, warm drinks and tissues for her... Poor Ali :(
The story was great but the ending was duel and boring. The new boss so far seems fine, he not bully nor trying to make everyone feel out of place. I don't think he is going to last
ReplyDeleteI agree the story was good and I thought Morgan especially shone in this but the ending was a complete anticlimax. The JJ/Cruz stuff I couldn't care less about and when I watch this episode again I will FF those scenes. I liked the fact that there was some decent profiling, I liked Reid and Blake scenes and I liked that Emily was mentioned. Garcia was toned down so was bearable for once and Hotch was in good form as team leader - for a moment I thought he was going to shoot yet another unsub at the end but was glad he didn't even though the ending was lame. That man has shot so many people in the last few seasons! I can do without the JJ/Cruz subplot and it is spoiling my anticipation of the 200th episode. At the moment I don't even want to watch it - maybe they will change my mind by then.
ReplyDeleteMaura said:
ReplyDeleteThe first thing that came to my mind when I saw the opening shot was: "Legacy" and trust me, that if the unsub gave any house-cleaning vibes curiosity with Cruz be damned I would have stop watching the episode immediately.
But then we're leaving the unsub for the team. I understand that the purpose of the scene between JJ and Cruz was introducing the man as... well more as a man than a boss. It's like Rossi teasing Reid and Blake about guest-lecturing, except it isn't. Then we have Reid and Blake with crosswords, I love their relationship and their interreactions, in a completely platonic manner.
I liked the victim, Sam, I liked his scene right before opening sequence and his determination to communicate the best to his ability to help them find Dana.
As for the unsub? I wasn't happy about having his face in the promo and I'm grateful for not seeing his face until the end of the first act although I would be happier if Messer achieved what SLW did by not revealing until literally the last moment the face and the identity of the unsub. What else about the unsub pleases me? Having him saying about ten sentences in the entire episode. On the top of that he was creepy as hell.
I liked Morgan staying with Sam while the others went to arrest Anton because we don't see that too often. I liked Garcia mentioning Emily's help, JJ staying with Dana, Cruz calling Hotch on the bluff when Anton was out of their earshot. I liked the team working mostly as two separate groups - I miss very much episodes like Damaged and The Crossing when the team was split into groups and working on entirely different cases.
As for the end scene? I know that 200 needs a base and that Cruz will be a part of it and probably a big one judging by the secrecy but I'm not curious, not yet. All I can tell is that JJ is lying, big and to anyone and that it will probably end blowing right into her face, I need more but in so far I can live without it.
There were no meaningful scenes in this one but Hotch and Reid were in the same group and during the ride back to Quantico Reid was sitting in the front passenger seat.
In overal it was a good episode but the one I'm looking forward to is actually the next one. I wonder how they would explain Hotch getting himself acquainted with the floor in the briefing room because since I've heard that his life will be in danger I was convinced that he would get hurt in the line of duty. And we didn't get to see the unsub's face in that one, which is always a plus.