Saturday, June 19, 2010

EXCLUSIVE DRABBLES


I'm sorry, guys.  I forgot your drabbles yesterday.  Here are this week's:

Goodbye
It hurts to see him wasting away, but there is nothing I can do.  He won’t let me into his world of hurt and pain, even though I push him a little more each day.  Quickly he walks away, offended and chided by a world that doesn’t understand.  Even more so, he protects himself by shy away from conversations he once looked forward to. 

He sees his son as an anchor, but still keeps him at arm’s length, afraid to be hurt again.  I kiss Jack on the head for reassurance, and I tuck his small body into bed.  I love him more than I ever thought I would.  There is nothing more I can do, so I pick up my suitcase and my go-bag and lock the door behind me. 

Family
Grace is our daughter.  A lovely, ginger princess.  She is what saved us in the midst of a brewing storm.  Her entrance into our life is what fairy-tales are made of.

Jack is our son.  He lights up a room with his stunning smile.  He is what renewed our faith when we thought we had none left.  Death is a joy stealer, but a child is restoration for a weary traveler.

Aaron is my partner, in every sense of the word.  He has no idea how amazingly intriguing he is to me.  His small touches are like flames that ignite my soul, and my heart beats in time with his signifying our union.

I am Spencer. 

This is my Family.

Please, if you are enjoying this new drabble bit, leave me either pics or prompts to use as inspiration.  Love you, h00rs!! ~Ali

2 comments:

  1. I utterly adore this. I suck at giving prompts, but I hope there are more of these to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...you're so sweet!! Thank you, darlin!! Every Friday SOMEBODY is gonna whip out a couple :) DRABBLES I MEANT!!!

    ReplyDelete