
"WTF Award: Goes to CBS, for suddenly dropping A.J. Cook from Criminal Minds and reducing Paget Brewster's episodes in order to cut costs. This leaves the show with just one female lead, so now CBS looks cheap and sexist! Why would they want to alienate fans of a show that's done so well in the ratings that it's getting a spin-off in the midseason? Why is it they can't pay A.J. Cook and Paget Brewster's salaries but have no qualms when it comes to shelling out $2 million an episode for a guy who has had two of his cars stolen and driven off a cliff in one year and that is the least of his problems? Why wouldn't they at least give the cast a heads-up about all of this so they weren't stuck issuing shocked and pissed off statements through their Twitter accounts? It makes no sense to me at all."
You know, I have tweeted and snail-mailed and posted and sent emails, but I still feel as if CBS could be pulling our chains with a publicity stunt. I meant PRAYING it is a publicity stunt. I can not imagine how each of the actors are dealing with this.
I keep laughing at the response to Matthew Gubler who is continuing on with his career in live comedy, but getting his ass chewed by numerous people for tweeting about HIMSELF instead of how sad he is about AJ COOK!! People. The man is broadening his horizons in case: 1. He gets canned next. And/or 2. The loss of viewers cans the show. I don't see much of a need for sweater-vest wearing nerd-geniuses on Jersey Shores.
But that's MY opinion.

Wait, people are getting on MGG about not lobbying more for Cook and Brewster? Are they under the impression that he's somehow in charge of this decision? Do they really think him tweeting a bit.ly for Petition Online will actually make a difference? Aren't most of his followers CM fans? Wouldn't they know about this anyway?
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna start ragging on Mantegna for not offering to quit or take a pay cut to clear salary space for the ladies. 'Cause, whatever he's being paid, it's too much, given how little he's used. Sure, he's tweeted more about this than MGG, let's see him put his money where his typing fingers are, if we're gonna start piling on the cast.
I wonder, if some people even realize how hard this business is. I'm a Reid/Prentiss-Reid/Hotch shipper. I love Paget, I don't want her to lose her job, but I won't run around now and tell people to stop watching the show etc. Or tell Paget to quit instead of accepting a reduced number of episodes just to spite CBS. That hurts EVERYONE! And I'm not going to hate MGG, because he happens to be excited about the comedy show he just did. It's not his fault, that AJ lost her job. This cast has always been close, they all tweeted about it. There really is no need for fans accusing actors now that they are not acting upset enough in public.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I got laid off a few months ago and I didn't resent my friends for continuing to enjoy their lives. Nor did I get angry with friends and co-workers who continued to work at that same company and didn't lobby for my reinstatement.
ReplyDeletei fricking hate cbs. i love paget and aj. and im a crazyy emily prentiss fan. there sexist and yeah the business is hard but why the hell are you getting rid of 2 female leads. its bs.
ReplyDelete