@GUBLERNATION: RT:Marilyn M was a size14 & beautiful Now size0 is sexy what do u think classic or new hollywood(via @Pudn26) CLASSIC! I want a time machine@GUBLERNATION: RT: well as a bigger girl, I say bigger is way better. Sadly, most of society does not feel that way. (via @Lola1970) most people are fools
@GUBLERNATION RT: it is so hard to gain weight for skinny people like me. (via @ALPS4807m) Agreed! Me too. non-starvation is what is classicaly beautiful
@GUBLERNATION ...and not forcing your body to fit an unatianable and lame "trend". Health and your natural shape (skinny or large) is what's beautiful
@GUBLERNATION now climbing off my soap box. Never change yourself to be like something else....
@GUBLERNATION ... the era of cinema that championed more realistic shapes also produced my favorite actors/actresses (no offence 2010)
You know, there is more truth here than what's on the surface. I noticed while watching the "funny thing that happened in NYC" video, that he is quick to retort about the weight comment. I'm sure he hears it, too. We love you, readers. Every blasted one of you--curvy, tiny, pink or purple. You all have a special place in our hearts. Lots of big girl kisses and pee wee size hugs. Ali.
P.S. Here's the NYC Vid:
As someone who's struggled with body dismorphic disorder in a quietly undramatic way since I was about 10 seeing him tweet that last night.....was incredibly lovely. No I've never been anorexic or bulimic, but a very large part of my childhood was spent simply wishing I was someone else. I've gotten to the point of knowing that my own self image, isn't the image others have.
ReplyDeleteBut seeing someone that I look up to as a person say that? (Yes I look up to the G00b as a person, there are worse role models in life; for examples please look up Lindsey Lohan who it seems half the girls in my old highschool desperately wanted to be) It was......well it wasn't like an epiphany moment or anything, it was just really reassuring. So yeah. =3 G00b is my hero now. (Not that he ever wasn't)
ALSO: That story? That story is win.