~*~*~*~
Where should I start... Maybe with a couple of facts. I happen to live in Japan. I happen to love Criminal Minds, Hotch/Reid in particular. How do these 2 facts do together? Awful. Because we only have Season 5 starting here this month. Yes, you read that right. Season 5. And it looks like a terrible luck, but strangely enough thanks to us being so slow here we were able to get our precious Doctor to visit us in order to promote the start of the said season.
Of course as soon as I learned about this fact, I started to joke with other IKY_dU staff members that I'm going to stalk Matthew. And guess what! In some sense I did ;)
Matthew tweeted his famous: "Sayonara USA, Bonjour Japan!!!" (seriously? French?) on December 1st, and all resistance was futile. So I made plans to go to Narita - Tokyo airport the next day.
The biggest problem was that we had about 7 planes from LA coming into city that day, and all of them were in the different terminals. So it was pure luck that I was able to guess the arriving flight correctly :) When I got to the terminal there were about 50 women already waiting, most of them holding signs and posters with "I love you Matthew" and "Welcome to Japan". Sadly all the good places to wait were already taken, so I had to go to the other side, hoping that I'd be able to at least take pictures of him. Yep, I'd have been pretty satisfied with just that, I swear!
We all waited for about an hour - I guess they wanted normal passengers to pass first and not be exposed to hoardes of swooning fangirls. There were couple of false starts, with cameras starting to film, so the tension was pretty much up. And suddenly Matthew appeared from the gate, waving his hand and looking very surprised at the waiting crowd.
Those of you who watched Alvin and the Chipmunks possibly remember one of the best Simon's replics: "I'm not that much of a hugger". And we all know how "good" is Reid with hand-shaking and all other kinds of close contact, right? Well, let me tell you, ladies, that our Matthew is one hell of a hugging machine. High-fives too, for the record. Not that anybody would complaint about that ;)
He was very friendly and looked geniunely happy to have such a warm welcome, especially considering he got a lot of present from fans. Including a stuffed doll of Doogan Gooseberry!
Sadly the whole meet was very short, they had to usher him away fast in order not to make a problem for airport security, so..
You can see a lot of photographs taken by WOWOW (that's the name of cable channel) staff on the links below. And the pictures I've taken myself at the airport.
- Arrival at Narita
- TV interview
- photo shoot and fan event for lucky viewers
***thumbnails***








P.S. if you know where to look, you can even see his younger brother on one of the pictures ;)
Thank you, love. We have the best staff in the fandom. <3
ReplyDeleteI absolutely agree, bow, AND the most fantabulous followers...
ReplyDeleteA hugging machine.....I'm a puddle of goo!!!! You are hideously lucky, my friend!!!!!
ReplyDelete