I liked it. I think Jeanne makes a great addition to the cast. Alex is pretty interesting. Morgan is still an asshole. JJ hasn't changed. And I'm still on the fence about Garcia.
As for the episode, it was pretty good. They did actual profile work instead of just knowing everything right away and chasing the unsub. The unsub was interesting too. I wasn't happy that we knew who it was in the very first scene, but it still interesting finding why he started killing.
There's angsting about Prentiss, of course, which was annoying. And Garcia was a bitch about Alex, which I wasn't happy about, but she got over it. I think they'd make pretty good bffs, if given the chance.
And the whole team is being stalked one person. I don't mean to spoil, but that has got me interested as to what will happen through out the entire season.
I also liked it. I thought Alex was very believable and a very good fit for the team. The premise of the story meant we saw the unsub up front but the profiling was pretty good and I felt sympathy for the unsub in the end. Very much a scene-setting episode but a good solid start. And at least for once Reid wasn't portrayed as a human version of Google spewing information!
i like alex too! she's a very calm and quiet influence, which the team desperately needs. she got through the whole episode without mentioning shoes - that's a plus for me.
mostly i like that reid now has a friend, a like-minded intellectual, someone who won't make fun of him for using big words and complex ideas. this job is supposed to be about using your brain instead of your fists to solve crimes and catch killers.
Our DVR decided to reset itself last night, causing me to miss the first fifteen minutes and then the CBS website locked up as well, but at least I was able to catch the portions that I missed.
I was disappointed how they had Garcia as the "I can't like her because she's not Prentiss" vibe at first. My DVR cut out so I'm not sure why Garcia had a hissy fit when Morgan asked for Blake's number (and, hey, Morgan. It's called CONTACT LOOKUP on your phone). And, please, the whole Prentiss-to-London thing was a bit much (but that was last season).
As for Blake, she has a lot of potential. She's clearly the equal to the rest of them (as opposed to poor Seaver), and she's quick to speak her mind. It's nice to have another strong woman on the team. I also enjoyed how she asked Reid, "Is this something that you've read?" It's more than using Reid like a walking encyclopedia but saying, "Hey, are you familiar?" Sure, they hammered us with Blake's qualifications early on but they had to establish that she really did know her stuff.
It will be interesting where they take the Blake-Strauss arc.
And the whole "UnSub stalking them" will be interesting.
I liked it. I think Jeanne makes a great addition to the cast. Alex is pretty interesting. Morgan is still an asshole. JJ hasn't changed. And I'm still on the fence about Garcia.
ReplyDeleteAs for the episode, it was pretty good. They did actual profile work instead of just knowing everything right away and chasing the unsub. The unsub was interesting too. I wasn't happy that we knew who it was in the very first scene, but it still interesting finding why he started killing.
There's angsting about Prentiss, of course, which was annoying. And Garcia was a bitch about Alex, which I wasn't happy about, but she got over it. I think they'd make pretty good bffs, if given the chance.
And the whole team is being stalked one person. I don't mean to spoil, but that has got me interested as to what will happen through out the entire season.
I also liked it. I thought Alex was very believable and a very good fit for the team. The premise of the story meant we saw the unsub up front but the profiling was pretty good and I felt sympathy for the unsub in the end. Very much a scene-setting episode but a good solid start. And at least for once Reid wasn't portrayed as a human version of Google spewing information!
ReplyDeletei like alex too! she's a very calm and quiet influence, which the team desperately needs. she got through the whole episode without mentioning shoes - that's a plus for me.
ReplyDeletemostly i like that reid now has a friend, a like-minded intellectual, someone who won't make fun of him for using big words and complex ideas. this job is supposed to be about using your brain instead of your fists to solve crimes and catch killers.
Our DVR decided to reset itself last night, causing me to miss the first fifteen minutes and then the CBS website locked up as well, but at least I was able to catch the portions that I missed.
ReplyDeleteI was disappointed how they had Garcia as the "I can't like her because she's not Prentiss" vibe at first. My DVR cut out so I'm not sure why Garcia had a hissy fit when Morgan asked for Blake's number (and, hey, Morgan. It's called CONTACT LOOKUP on your phone). And, please, the whole Prentiss-to-London thing was a bit much (but that was last season).
As for Blake, she has a lot of potential. She's clearly the equal to the rest of them (as opposed to poor Seaver), and she's quick to speak her mind. It's nice to have another strong woman on the team. I also enjoyed how she asked Reid, "Is this something that you've read?" It's more than using Reid like a walking encyclopedia but saying, "Hey, are you familiar?" Sure, they hammered us with Blake's qualifications early on but they had to establish that she really did know her stuff.
It will be interesting where they take the Blake-Strauss arc.
And the whole "UnSub stalking them" will be interesting.