It was as expected, a massive disappointment with a ludicrous storyline. I have to say AJ did a better job at acting than I thought she would - though my highlight was seeing her wonderful eye makeup and lashes intact after being blown up in Afghanistan. The story was like every cliche out of the worst of fanfiction and I couldn't suspend belief enough to get past that. It was enjoyable enough as a fairly juvenile action/spy B rated movie but it was NOT Criminal Minds and so wrong for this milestone episode and had almost no credible profiling. It had the obligatory "family" moment in a bar at the end - when JJ should properly have been in hospital but let's suspend belief a bit more to get the Disney family ending in! At this end scene there was a nice shot of Reid and Hotch laughing and chatting together which was nice if you take that small clip out of its context. Sadly disappointing but there seem to be a lot of very naive fans with low expectations out there!
It was as expected, a massive disappointment with a ludicrous storyline. I have to say AJ did a better job at acting than I thought she would - though my highlight was seeing her wonderful eye makeup and lashes intact after being blown up in Afghanistan. The story was like every cliche out of the worst of fanfiction and I couldn't suspend belief enough to get past that. It was enjoyable enough as a fairly juvenile action/spy B rated movie but it was NOT Criminal Minds and so wrong for this milestone episode and had almost no credible profiling. It had the obligatory "family" moment in a bar at the end - when JJ should properly have been in hospital but let's suspend belief a bit more to get the Disney family ending in! At this end scene there was a nice shot of Reid and Hotch laughing and chatting together which was nice if you take that small clip out of its context. Sadly disappointing but there seem to be a lot of very naive fans with low expectations out there!
ReplyDelete